Terre Siciliane IGT
Butera, central-southern Sicily
65% Cabernet Sauvignon 30% Merlot 5% Petit Verdot
16° - 18° C
750 ml - 1500 ml
VINIFICATION AND AGEING
The grapes are harvested manually in crates in different periods, depending on the degree of ripeness of each vine and according to the vintage, with selection of the best bunches. Fermentation takes place separately for each grape variety in stainless steel at a controlled temperature, with a 30-day maceration period. Malolactic fermentation follows immediately after racking, leading to the composition of the blend. Ageing lasts for 18 months and is carried out 60% in 30 and 60 hl Slavonian oak barrels, while the remaining 40% is aged in 350-litre tonneaux, first, second and third use. A further period of bottle aging follows.
colour: dense ruby red in colour.
bouquet: the nose opens with hints of small berries such as blueberry, and chocolate followed by spices and a fresh balsamic note.
flavour: on the palate reveals an irrepressible structure, followed by a good degree of acidity and smooth tannins.
A classy wine that can readily pair with refined meat dishes or typically Sicilian cuisine such as Pasta alla Norma or Farsumagru.