SOIL DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN
2015 was a disease-free year with normal temperatures and no rain. Healthy bunches yielded wines with good fruit intensity, balanced acidity and moderate alcohol. The harvest took place between 20th and 25th March, at which point the grapes were showing optimum organoleptic qualities of aromas as well as ripeness of tannins. Bunches were picked at night to avoid oxidation and loss of quality.
Grapes underwent a 7-day cold maceration to extract colour and aromas from the skins. An open-vat, temperature-controlled fermentation was carried out at 22-26˚C with regular push-downs, allowing for a soft extraction of colour, aromas and tannins.
40% of the wine was aged for 10 months in French oak, and the remaining 60% was kept in stainless steel tanks as a fruit component for the final blend.
Alcohol: 12.5% ABV; pH: 3.5; Tartaric Acid: 5.6 g/L; Residual Sugar: 2.5 g/L
Up to 5 years in ideal cellaring conditions.
Deep ruby red with violet hues.
Fruity boquet with notes of cherry and red berries such as strawberries and raspberries, intertwined with soft spicy notes and a touch of vanilla from the French oak ageing.
Delicate body with good acidity and smooth tannins, adding freshness and a silky texture. Good length, again showing notes of red fruits, vanilla and spices.
We recommend serving at 14-15˚C. Good to pair with oily fish, pasta and white meats.