DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN
Granite and gravel/stones with high permeability. 0.6 to 2m. deep.
2016 was a year of cooler temperatures throughout the ripening season, therefore a good year for colour and acidity. We went through each block tasting the grapes regularly in order to establish the correct harvest date. There was rainfall towards the end of the ripening period, however, all the grapes used in this blend were harvested before the rain. The bunches were in perfect health and yielded wines of good fruit concentration and acidity with moderate alcohol. Harvest took place between the 3rd and 12th April, at which point the grapes had reached optimum organoleptic qualities and ripeness of tannins. The grapes were then transported to the winery to undergo a pre-fermentation cool maceration.
The bunches underwent a pre-fermentation cool maceration in order to extract greater colour and aromas. The must was then fermented in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks at 24˚C - 28˚C.
30% of the wine was aged in American oak for 6 months, and the remaining 70% in stainless steel tanks.
Alcohol: 12,5% ABV; pH: 3.63; Tartaric Acid: 5.23 g/L; Residual Sugar: 3.5 g/L Ageing potential: Drink now or keep up to 6 years in good cellaring conditions.
7 years in optimal cellaring conditions.
Deep ruby red.
Expressive ripe red fruits such as raspberries and strawberries, with notes of blueberries and cassis mixed with black pepper, tobacco, vanilla and chocolate.
A balanced wine, full bodied with balanced acidity and smooth tannins that integrate well with notes of red fruits and vanilla.
We recommend serving at 16˚C - 18˚C. Goes well with ripe cheeses such as Emmental or Brie, grilled meats, and generally with fat-rich and well-seasoned dishes.