Bottle

Chianti Classico Riserva

Label

Chianti Classico Riserva

Wine

Chianti Classico Riserva

DOCG

Origin

The Chianti Classico zone.

Grapes

95% Sangiovese, 5% Canaiolo.

Type of Soil

The vineyard is situated at Pian d’Albola in the hills of Radda in Chianti, at an altitude of around 400 m. (1,310 ft.). It has a southerly exposure, and lies on well-structured clayey soils characterized by the presence of stones (the famous alberese found throughout the Chianti Classico zone).

Training System

Cordon Spur and Tuscan capovolto.

Plant Density

3,500 vines per hectare (1,415 per acre). The average age of the vines is 20 years.

Yield

60 quintals of grapes per hectare.

Vinification and Maturation

The must, which comes from grapes picked by hand, was placed in horizontal vinification tanks where it remained for around 3 weeks. Once the malolactic fermentation was complete, the wine immediately went into oak casks for aging. Maturation lasted 15 months: 10% of the wine went into Allier oak barriques, the remaining 90% into traditional Slavonian oak barrels. This was followed by 12 months’ maturation in stainless steel and a further three months in bottle before release.

Alcohol Level

13% vol.

Bottle and case size

6 x 0,75l

Estate

Castello di Albola
Via Pian d’Albola, 31, 53017, Radda in Chianti - Siena, Italy
Tel +39 0577 738019, Fax +39 0577 738793
www.albola.it , info@albola.it